I'm already experiencing bugs with making a floor that moves left at a constant speed. Unfortunately it seems like I can't make it seamless at high speeds. Even at low speeds it proves to be a difficult process. For some reason it's about 1 or 2 pixels off in it's placement for every other piece of floor. I think I'm gonna just change the design a bit and not make a seamless floor. I'll make them a series of platforms to mask the bug. Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about.
So as an aside I had this type of problem with a game I made for class before. What we figured out was that because the speed was, let's say 10 pixels, the game would update and everything would jump ten pixels and then the piece would be created which would create a 10 pixels seam. The next piece to be created would be 10 pixels off as well but because the previous piece was already 10 pixels off it would fit seamlessly. It would keep happening over and over for every other piece. We found that creating the pieces 10 pixels off from the original position fixed the problem. Not so this time. I tried it and it seems to just not work. It's a shame but given the limited time of a jam I think changing the design would make it better and easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment