Saturday, November 2, 2013

Sick Jam

I just woke up which means I got a whopping 12 hours of sleep. I feel a little better but not by much. It's times like these I wish I had a laptop capable of development so I could lay on the couch and jam. Instead I'm chilling at my desk in my uncomfortable little chair with my green tea and blanket. So, here goes my first game jam whilst being sick.
I've never made an endless runner before but I believe the concept is simple enough. Generate blocks of terrain/obstacles and move them at a constant speed to the left to simulate moving right, have an avatar that looks like he's always running, and use a timer to track score. I'd like to make the terrain dynamically generate but we'll see how far I get. I still need to make my list of goals and assets.
Keep an eye out for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment