After a nice long nap, the likes of which only being sick can bring, I've sat down and made a little more progress. I put in a long flat platform to start the player on. I kept having to start the game and jump immediately which is super annoying. I also put my floor pieces in a queue. That way when one piece (the head) leaves the room it will choose the next piece (they're all the same right now) based on what kind of piece the tail is. Then it'll make it, enqueue it, dequeue itself, and destroy itself. Now as I think about it I could also just change the sprite of the head, change the position to the end of the line, dequeue it, and then enqueue it again. I think that will be less memory intensive but I'm not sure. Anyway, here's a screen shot. of the game so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment