Here's a quick update on my progress for what I'm calling "sick jam." I changed the seamless floor to a series of platforms which is masking my initial bug. I added a player that jumps, can move a bit in the view, won't go out of the room to the right (the direction you're running), can collide with the side of the platforms and be moved to the left and fall, and is destroyed when leaves the room.
I don't think there's much else to do. I need to make the 'game over' screen but the conditions for losing are there, make a platform generation algorithm (even just a simple one), a timer, menus, a top score screen (something I didn't get to implement last week during the Bacon Jam), and then art and sound. This will be a test to see if I found my sound issues. If not, well, I'll have to keep troubleshooting. I'll have screen shots with my next update.
No comments:
Post a Comment